Old Post Office and Drug Store
14356 Liberty Street
The building is located in the middle of the second block on Highway 149. In 1910 Morgan Price and Willie Gary had a grocery store in the building. Joe Jones had a meat market there at one time. The drug store was run later by L. E. Jones and Ernest Wise in the 1920’s. The fire across Liberty Street that consumed the block from the corner of College Street south to the First State Bank also badly damaged the drugstore. In 1926 W. J. Smith bought the building from L. E. Jones.
In 1936 the Post Office was moved from the Davis Law office to this building. W. J. Smith served not only as the pharmacist, but also as the Postmaster. The original Post Office wall still remains in the building along with some of the original combination boxes. Building was donated to the Montgomery Historical Society by the Smith Family.
The building was turning into the Modern Farm house Antique store where you can find pristine antiques.
Check them out on Facebook by clicking the button below: