Old Baptist Church
308 Pond Street, Montgomery, Texas, 77356
The Baptist Church in Montgomery was organized on December 28, 1850 with 31 charter members. The first pastor was Reverend Thomas Chilton and started pastoring the church in 1853. His house, The Chilton House, is still standing and located at the corner of College and Eugenia. The church building was completed in March, 1902 and for the next 77 years was used as the place of worship for the Baptists in Montgomery. The building was given to the Montgomery Historical Society in March 1984. Montgomery Church of Christ currently meets at the building every Sunday.